|Clean-up Day 2020|
Saturday, July 11th|
Again this year we will have three dumpsters for use by our residents. They will be placed on the roadside in each of the filings, near 342 Fairview Blvd., near 502 Shekel Lane and near 121 Silver Circle. The Fairview dumpster will be placed around 8:00 am, and the other two immediately following. Dumpsters will be removed in the same order starting at noon.
• The dumpsters can be used to discard anything that can be placed into the Summit County landfill. No hazardous waste (such as tires, batteries, paint, petroleum products) or electronics (TVs, computers, printers, scanners, etc.) will be allowed in any of the dumpsters.
• The County will recycle electronics and household hazardous waste and electronics at no charge for County residents at the Summit County Resource Allocation Park (SCRAP) site near Keystone. Click here for hours, directions and more info.
• If you have normal recyclables, please take them to the Summit County Recycling drop-off on Coyne Valley Road or at County Commons in Frisco.
• Tree trimmings and other slash will be allowed in the dumpsters after 11:00 am.
• The dumpster on Shekel Lane will accept large appliances, except refrigeration units. Refrigeration units must either be (1) hauled to the Summit County landfill after having the coolant professionally drained, or (2) removed by Xcel Energy. Xcel will haul off working units and even give you a rebate (click here for details)!
One last point: please take the opportunity to police the right-of-way next to the road along your property and clean up debris that may have accumulated over the winter. Thank you!
Monday, July 13th|
Summit County is conducting the yearly Chipping Program this summer. Silver Shekel is scheduled for the week of July 13th. This program is great opportunity for all of us to trim trees and clean up the dead fall and slash many of us have on our properties, all at no direct cost. Click here for more information.