|Summit County Brush Collection Coming to Silver Shekel Neighborhood August 3-7 and September 21-25, 2015|
Monday, August 3rd to Friday, August 7th|
You can protect your home from wildfire with help from the Summit County Community Chipping Program. Summit County government is helping residents and property owners create defensible space by providing free chipping and disposal for branches, logs and small trees. If you clear woody vegetation from around your home and stack it in a slash pile, Summit County will chip it and haul it away at no cost. More information on the County wide program can be found here
Collection will occur anytime during August 3 – 7 and September 21 -25, 2015. To be certain not to miss your opportunity, leave your bush pile at the curb on Monday August 3 and / or Monday September 21.
Accepted materials include trees, logs and branches up to 9 inches in diameter, free of nails and wire. The following restrictions apply:
- No willow branches
- No construction or building materials
- No treated lumber, fence posts or signs
- No shrubs, root wads, stumps, dirt or rocks
- No grass clippings, trash, weeds or bags of leaves.
- Piles must be stacked by 8 a.m. on the Monday of your neighborhood’s designated chipping week.
- Stack piles neatly (no bags), with large ends facing the road.
- Place piles within 5 feet of the roadway, but not touching the road or in drainage ditches.
- Maximum pile size is 5 feet high, by 5 feet deep, by 5 feet wide.
- There is no limit on the number of piles you may put out. But if you plan to put out 10 or more piles, please notify us at 970-668-4139 prior to your neighborhood's designated chipping week.
- After crews have removed your pile, clear away any remaining branches, needles and debris.
- Do not combine piles with neighbors or place piles in other neighborhoods.
- If you want to keep your chips, tie a piece of red yarn or flagging in a prominent spot on the pile.
For more information on the Summit County Chipping Program, contact Dan Schroder at 970-668-4140 or email@example.com.
|2015 Silver Shekel Owners Association Annual Meeting|
Saturday, August 15th, 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. at 252 Shekel Lane|
Our annual meeting and picnic will be held on Saturday, August 15, 2014 at 252 Shekel Lane. A picnic lunch will be served beginning at 11:30 a.m. and the business meeting will begin at 12:30 p.m. Please bring a lawn chair for seating. Check back here of our agenda and further updates.
|View All Events